Our students are taught in a kind, yet demanding environment that will allow them to successfully obtain the needed skills and strengths needed for going into Middle School.
Along with the academic formation of our students, we at Northridge understand that the formation of character in this stage of life is crucial for the overall development of our students, that is why our school includes a program that strengthens character, starting with competencies and skills in accordance to their ages. Following the school’s vision, these competencies will be aligned with the Christian virtues under the Opus Dei spirituality.
Our academic syllabus is based on the guidelines set by the Secretaría de Educación Pública, and focuses on building the skills the boys need for future school endeavors, such as:
- Reaching linguistic abilities at the B1 level (based on the Common European Framework of Reference) both for English and Spanish, which will allow them to excel on both a personal and school level for their age.
- Logical-mathematical thinking, as well as the necessary knowledge to identify data from various sources and solve problems by means of basic algorithms in arithmetic, statistics and geometry.
- Music Level 1 is achieved by means of the student’s participation in a recital.
- Understanding of the various skills needed for expressing themselves via the visual arts.
- Adequate competencies for handling digital environments and for properly incorporating technology into their learning process. Students will be able to identify the different functions in each application and use them towards specific goals.
- Look for solutions to solve problems in their surroundings, understand historic events and value cultural elements within each society. Students will be able to understand nature, its economic value and the importance of preserving available natural resources.
- Boys will be able to explain cause-and-effect relationships and come up with hypothesis based on scientific methods that will explain somewhat complex natural phenomena.
- Appreciation for the value of physical activities and their role in a healthy and fulfilling lifestyle.
Our faculty is highly specialized and constantly seeks to be up to date in their field of expertise in order to improve their performance in the classroom. Moreover, each teacher works within a model of education that focuses on each boy’s academic needs.
Our school environment fosters a pleasant rapport between teachers and students, as well as cordiality among the boys, based on respect of self and of others. Moreover, in order to strengthen their ties to the community, we organize various extra-curricular activities both inside and outside school grounds, all with the goal of fomenting friendship among teachers, students and families.
We believe deliberate practice allows for the development of any skill among our students. This is why we offer extra-curricular activities in the fields of the arts, sports and robotics, which allow our boys to succeed in the fields they are most interested in.