From 9th to 12th grade, our high school students can grow in a kind and demanding environment, which will allow our graduates to obtain the knowledge, abilities and strengths needed in order to excel in the world’s top universities.
Along with the academic formation of our students, we at Northridge understand that the formation of character in this stage of life is crucial for the overall development of our students, that is why our school includes a program that strengthens character, starting with competencies and skills in accordance to their ages. Following the school’s vision, these competencies will be aligned with the Christian virtues under the Opus Dei spirituality.
The structure of our academic program is based on the study plan of the Science and Humanities School, and it is also compatible with the study plan of our sister school in Chicago, Northridge Prep. The academic program is focused on helping students develop skills and reach goals that will allow them to have a high academic performance in college, such as:
- Linguistic abilities corresponding to the C1 english level, based on the European common frame as a reference, both in English and in Spanish. This will allow students to properly speak at optimal university and professional profficiency levels.
- Mathematical and logical reasoning that can be applied to everyday life, accompanied by the necessary knowledge to solve complex problems.
- Musical abilities that will allow them, if they wish to do so, to obtain the ABRSM 4 or Trinity 4 certification.
- Becoming digital citizens who act responsibly within the digital realm and who are able to incorporate this part of their learning into their personal lives.
- Understanding their role in society and the need to improve the life of those around them, and knowing how to identify time and space coordinates while adequately linking them to their own reality.
- Appreciation for physical activity as well as understanding what its role is within a healthy and wholesome lifestyle.
In High School we have an exchange program that allows students to carry out their studies for a certain amount of time in our sister school in Chicago, Northridge Prep. The similarity between both academic plans gives our students the opportunity to participate in this program and obtain a dual high school degree: one corresponding to the CCH program recognized by UNAM as well as the one corresponding to Northridge Prep.
At Northridge we strive to have teachers of the highest academic level, that are specialists in their areas, and that are constantly reading and researching in order to stay at the top of their field. Apart from demanding high academic excellence, the teachers themselves seek to provide tailored help in order to fit the personalized needs of every student. Thanks to this, our High School has a co-teaching system in subjects such as math and science, that allows students to have not one, but two instructors present inside the classroom during classes, that way students can have their questions answered in a personalized way, without interrupting class.
Our High School environment allows for a close relationship between teachers and students. There is also a friendly environment amongst our students thanks to all the different academic and extracurricular activities that are held at Northridge, such as annual gatherings that are held for each class in an off-campus location, that way students and teachers can mingle outside the academic environment.
Apart from our extracurricular activities that focus on arts and sports, there are academic activities that our High School students excel in such as the Math Olympics which are held at a regional and national level, and Model United Nations.